We focus on the role of microbes that are driving the Earth's biogeochemical cycles. Here microbes are also involved in mediating mineral precipitation and dissolution, and sorbing organic matter. Our research encompasses biodiversity, microbial interactions, climate change mitigation, mining, and the deep biosphere.
Thawing Permafrost Soil affecting the Kolyma river in Northeast Sibiria
- Subsurface Microbiology
- Targeted "Fishing" for Microbial interaction Partners
- Chemical Interaction of Fe-cycling Bacteria
- Lanthanide-driven C1 Metabolism
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Arctic Streams
- Tree Phyllosphere Microbiomes